Papua New Guinea (Madang to Cairns)
12 Nights from $11,290 per person (twin share)*
Departure 12th November 2019
Immerse yourself in the wild and rugged scenery of Papua New Guinea, with its mysterious stories that take you away from the complexities of modern times. Whilst traveling in comfort on board our state-of-the-art small ship Coral Adventurer, visit remote villages rich in culture and meet with the people who have maintained their traditional way of life for generations.
Papua New Guinea is home to the largest area of intact rainforest outside of the Amazon and guests will discover magnificent scenery ranging from colourful coral atolls to volcanic mountains, pristine wilderness areas and mighty rivers. The country’s secret forest nurture over 3,000 varieties of unusual orchids, 700 species of birds including the brilliantly coloured birds of paradise. This is the land of the unexpected, a place of stark contrasts where fearsome frowns quickly become welcoming smiles.
Hosted by Australian Geographic, you will travel with Australian Geographic Editor-in-Chief Chrissie Goldrick on this thorough exploration of the Papua New Guinea’s remarkable coastline.
• Learn of Papua New Guinea’s military history and it’s role in World War II
• Hear of the mythical and spiritual tales of Dei Dei Hot Springs
• Find out how the Trobriand Islands became the ‘Islands of Love’
• Explore Tufi’s spectacular fjords
• Cruise the mighty Sepik River
Charter Flight from Cairns (additional extra): 7:30am for a 9:00am departure.
Embark: Madang at 4pm, 12th November 2019
Disembark: Cairns at 8am, 24th November 2019
Your cruise price includes:
- Accommodation in selected room grade for the number of nights as listed in each itinerary
- All meals
- House beer and wine during lunch and dinner service
- 24 hour tea and coffee
- Captain’s welcome and farewell drinks
- Access to islands, marine and national parks
- Guided tours in tender vessels
- Touring as described in each itinerary
- Services of expedition staff and lecturers including briefings and knowledge-sharing sessions
- Port taxes and government charges imposed by government authorities
Your cruise price does not include:
- Pre and post flights, transfers and hotels
- Entry visas/travel permits
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature including but not limited to phone and internet communications and bar charges (outside of the included drinks package as highlighted), laundry charges and souvenir purchases
Tipping not required:
Other cruise lines automatically add gratuities to your account and service charges to your bar invoices. On Coral Discoverer, our crew has no other agenda than your delight.
Exclusive Bonus Offer
- Complimentary bottle of wine from Southside Travel upon arrival (per cabin)*
- 10% discount on travel insurance (nib, Suresave, CHI or Covermore)
Contact us now for full itinerary, availability and up to date pricing.
When planning your next holiday come in-store (16 Gymea Bay Road, Gymea, NSW, 2227), call (02) 9525 2211 or email us and let Southside World Travel create the best travel experience for you.