Discover the Great Barrier Reef
7 Nights | Departing & returning Cairns | June to October 2021
From $4,750 per person (twin share)*
Journey beyond the known and to the outer edge of the Great Barrier Reef to discover abundant marine life, ancient cultures, seabirds and solitude.
Covering an area of over 2600 km and encompassing over 900 islands, the Great Barrier Reef is the worlds largest living structure and home to an abundant and thriving array of marine and bird life species. It holds pride of place as one of the 7 natural worlds wonders of the world and is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage area.
Coral Expeditions pioneered extended expedition cruises on the outer reaches of the Great Barrier Reef 34 years ago and have forged a reputation for excellence and expertise in that time.
In 2021, a new era of reef exploration will begin with the introduction of the yacht-like expedition vessel Coral Discoverer to the reef commencing immersive 7-day adventures to the remote and untouched Northern reef precinct. Operating from June to December annually, we will take a maximum of 72 guests to explore the hidden corners, uninhabited sand cays, small islands and pristine reef systems. Along the way find freedom and solitude amidst this iconic seascape.
Meet charismatic marine species including the sea turtles surfing the ocean currents, find Nemo nestled amongst the coral gardens and marvel at the magnificent humpback whale migration in the deep blue of the Coral Sea. Share the journey with soaring seabirds and swim, dive and snorkel at far-flung Osprey, Escape and Ribbon Reefs. Learn about ancient indigenous culture and Australian heritage at historic Cooktown. Visit a Turtle Rehabilitation Centre and stretch your legs with a hike to the summit of “Cooks Look”. Enjoy a sundowner with the sand beneath your toes and the setting sun at deserted Sudbury Cay.
Onboard, you will be accompanied by expert guides and our purpose designed small ships are custom built for expedition cruising. With refined steering capabilities, shallow draught and nimble explorer tenders we will bring you closer to remote sites and natural habitats. You will enjoy freshly prepared small-batch cuisine featuring the best local ingredients and relax and enjoy quality local beers and wines. With an intimate atmosphere and our renowned warm Australian hospitality, you will quickly feel at home and make new connections with new friends.
- Immerse yourself in one of the world’s great seascapes with the Great Barrier Reef experts
- Make a connection with indigenous culture and Australian heritage at historic Cooktown
- Swim, snorkel, dive or simply view the iconic marine species of the Great Barrier Reef
- Observe the vibrant underwater world of the untouched outer Great Barrier Reef
- Enjoy solitude and seven magical Queensland sunsets
- Sip sundowners and feel the sand beneath your feet on isolated sand cays and uninhabited islands
- Visit a turtle rehabilitation centre and participate in efforts to conserve the Great Barrier Reef
Exclusive Bonus Offer
- Complimentary bottle of wine from Southside Travel upon arrival (per cabin)*
- 10% discount on travel insurance (nib, Suresave, CHI or Covermore)
Contact us now for itinerary, sailing dates, availability and up to date pricing.