Iceland, Greenland & East Canada
21 Days from AUD $18,500 per person (twin share)*
23rd September to 13th October 2020
From the world’s youngest volcano to some of the oldest rocks found anywhere on Earth, you’ll encounter traditional Inuit communities whose strong cultures have remained relatively unchanged for tens of thousands of years and discover the history and hear stories about ancient Viking cultures that inhabited the region. Experience some of the most splendid scenery in remote South Greenland and Torngat Mountains, home to polar bears and caribou. Experience mid-Autumn in this wild and remote corner of the world where the dark night sky could very well reward you with a dazzling display of Aurora Borealis, the Northern Lights. Join the first expedition from Iceland to South Greenland, and all the way down East Coast Canada. We’re excited about this trip and we can’t wait to share it with you. It’s a fine way to celebrate the end our inaugural polar season on board the new purpose-built expedition vessel, the Greg Mortimer.
Number of passengers: 120 passengers (including 20 kayakers)
- Enjoy thrilling Zodiac cruises and keep an eye out for whales, caribou, and nesting bird colonies
- Hike through remote Inuit land while looking out for polar bears
- Experience dramatic scenery of Torngat Mountains National Park
- At L’anse Aux Meadows, visit the remains of 11th-century Viking settlement
- Kayak amongst South Greenland’s most spectacular fjords and glaciers
- Maybe spot Aurora Borealis in South Greenland and northeast Canada!
In true expedition style we encourage exploration and adventure, offering flexibility in challenging environments in a way that puts you among the action to see and do as much as possible. This itinerary is only a guide and subject to change due to ice and weather conditions.
- Onboard accommodation during voyage including daily cabin service
- All meals, snacks, tea and coffee during voyage
- Beer, house wine and soft drinks with dinner
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell reception including four-course dinner, house cocktails, house beer and wine, non-alcoholic beverages
- All shore excursions and Zodiac cruises
- Educational lectures and guiding services from expedition team
- Access to our onboard doctor and basic medical services
- A 3-in-1 waterproof polar expedition jacket
- Complimentary use of muck boots during the voyage
- Comprehensive pre-departure information
- A printed photo book produced with photos from your voyage
- Port surcharges, permits and landing fees
Note: A $15 USD per person per day gratuity for the crew is automatically added to your onboard account. It is at your discretion if you would like to remove the tip (or increase/decrease the amount) when you settle your bill. It is not necessary to tip the expedition team members.
- International or domestic flights, unless specified
- Transfers not mentioned in the itinerary
- Airport arrival or departure taxes
- Passport, visa, reciprocity fees and vaccination charges
- Travel insurance or emergency evacuation charges
- Hotels and meals not included in itinerary
- Optional excursions not included in the itinerary
- Optional activity surcharges
- All items of a personal nature including but not limited to: alcoholic beverages and soft drinks (except during dinner), laundry services, personal clothing, medical expenses, gratuities, Wi-Fi, email, or phone charges
Sea Kayaking – AUD $1,200 per person
Exploration by sea kayak is an ideal way to surround yourself in the sights and sounds of Iceland - padding along pristine and quiet fjords and to observe wildlife in an unobtrusive manner. Paddlers will have the option to kayak as often as possible during the voyage (weather conditions permitting), or to join fellow expeditioners on shore landings. Some kayak excursions may be long in duration and on choppy water, so a reasonable level of kayaking experience is required to participate in this activity.
Photography - (free)
All voyages offer fantastic opportunities for photography and videography and on selected voyages an expert photographer will offer informal lectures filled with tips to improve your skills. Whether you’re a beginner or advanced amateur, you’ll certainly pick up some useful hints in the presentations.
Terms & Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions carefully to ensure you understand what is included in the trip cost as well as any fees that may be applicable in case you are required to cancel your trip. Although every effort will be made to adhere to the itinerary provided, please note that due to the unpredictable nature of expedition travel, changes beyond our control may occur and Aurora Expeditions reserves the right to alter the itinerary or not operate shore excursions with little or no notice when necessary.
Exclusive Bonus Offer (from Southside World Travel)
Contact us now for full itinerary, availability and up to date pricing.
When planning your next holiday come in-store (16 Gymea Bay Road, Gymea, NSW, 2227), call (02) 9525 2211 or email us and let Southside World Travel create the best travel experience for you.